Won't you come for my bangers, my beans and mash
Today was fantastic for me. I saw possibly some of the coolest things I have ever seen. No joke! We went to the British National Library, where I drooled over original Shakespeare plays, the Magna Carta, Jane Austin's books and her writing desk, handwritten Beatles lyrics (complete with scribbles), scores by Beethoven and Mozart, Beethoven's tuning fork, Da Vinci's notebooks, Darwin's Origin of Species, and Alice in Wonderland. I also saw Freud's The Interpretation of Dreams. This was especially nifty because he is the fella that was mentioned so often through all of my psychology classes. I pretty much walked around the library with my jaw dropped the whole time.
Continued with the pub theme, this time had bangers and mash (mashed potatoes and gravy with sausage on top) and another round of fish and chips along with more delicious pints of English beer.
Thats all for now,
Jessie
Nathan here, one final note to leave you all on. I splurged today and actually bought our tickets to a football game tomorrow. It is West Ham United v. Chelsea. Should be a good one, I cant wait to sing songs before the game with the crazy football fans in the pubs and chant ole ole or whatever else they say over here during the matches Epic. Of course pictures of the match will be posted later on.
|
Looks like you guys are having a great time! I am soooo glad you went to the museum. I loved it so much when I went and would love so much to return! Keep having Fun!!!
ReplyDelete